Cheesy rice balls are also known as Arancinis in Italian cuisine. It is the most popular appetizer in Italy. There are many variations of rice balls. You can make these from leftover last night rice or risotto as well. A food lover can’t deny how unique and unusual these balls taste is. These rice balls are stuffed with mozzarella and served with warm marinara sauce. It compliments tea time sank and also a perfect appetizer for date night dinner.
The taste of these rice balls is incredibly delicious. One can never forget the taste of these cheesy balls, and as soon as you see these balls, your eyes will wide open and you will start feeling its taste in your mouth. These balls are just like a triple treat for you and your friends: crunchy, creamy, and cheesy.
- Take a large bowl to add 2 cups of leftover cooked rice. You can also use freshly boiled rice.
- Add one small size finely chopped onion,2 tbsp: finely chopped bell pepper and one clove of minced garlic in rice.
- Add 2 tbsp. Chopped coriander.1/2 tsp. Salt.1/2 tsp. Black pepper,1/2 tsp. Chili flakes and ½ cup of bread crumbs.
- The popular ingredient of Italian cooking, yes! Mozzarella. Add a 1 cup of shredded mozzarella in a bowl.
- Add one medium size egg for binding and mix well.
- Wet your hands with water and make medium size fine balls. Repeat watering your hand before making every ball.
- Plate ½ cup of all-purpose flour,1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and the remaining egg, cracked the egg in a bowl and whisked well.
- Take a ball, cover it with flour then dip in an egg bath and coated with breadcrumbs. Perform this process with all shots.
- Refrigerate coated balls/arancini for 15 minutes.
- Heat the Vegetable oil at medium-high heat for deep fry arancini.
- Fry the balls until golden brown.
- Serve these balls as an appetizer before a meal or with the evening tea, however, you prefer.