Potato salad is mainly considered as a side dish because it usually accompanies different main dishes. But one can have it for their launch or dinner as it fills you up totally, especially if you add some veggies to your salad. Potato salad is prepared using boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. The good thing is you can make a bunch ahead of time and refrigerate them in some airtight containers and take it to the school or work for your tiffin. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. They are also perfect picnic food as well.
- First, bring water to a rolling boil. Then add the washed potatoes to the boiling water and boil them for 15 minutes.
- Then take them out of the water or drain the water and let them cool just a little for about 5 minutes so that you can touch them with your hands.
- Now peel the skin off (or you can keep them if you like) and cut them into halves. You can cut into more slices if you use bigger potatoes.
- Add olive oil, salt, black pepper, chaat masala, mustard paste, and chopped coriander to the potatoes and give everything a good mix. (here you can use other herbs of your choice and also can add some lemon juice if you like).
- Now you can serve the salad as it is if you like to keep it simple and healthy. but to make it tastier we will add a couple of more ingredients.