Cauliflower chicken fried rice is a great alternative to grabbing take out! It’s a low carb, a healthy side dish that anyone will enjoy.
Cauliflower rice has a light and fluffy texture similar to couscous. It’s also tender and its tiny granules have just the right amount of chew, like rice. Though you can buy them readymade from supermarkets, but its also very easy to make them at home just by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor (or simply by grating them with a grater) until it has the texture of rice.
If you’re looking to include something low carb and healthy yet delicious to your diet, this recipe is for you, as it’s made from one of the healthiest cruciferous vegetables you can get, so it’s loaded with nutrients including fiber, vitamins c, k and b6, and potassium. Cauliflower has 25 calories per cup vs. 218 for a cup of cooked brown rice.
- 1 head of 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 medium size Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 medium size eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks, wash and pat dry them so there's no water left in the florets. Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until coarse in texture, like rice. You can do this in batches if you have a smaller food processor or blender.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the diced onions, garlic and ginger for few minutes, add in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add your frozen vegetables and season with salt, pepper, chili flakes and soy sauce. Cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Next, add in the cauliflower rice, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower has softened.
- Push the cauliflower rice to the side of the pan, add 2 beaten eggs into the empty space in the pan and scramble. When eggs are cooked through, stir the eggs into the rice.
- Finally, add some freshly chopped coriander and remove from the heat.