Chickpea Spinach curry is a tasty, healthy, vegan, and fulfilling recipe for everyone. This yummy recipe is full of protein, iron, and yummiest spices for the spices lovers as it contains the goodness of chickpeas, nutrients of spinach, and goodness of coconut milk and tanginess of tomatoes.
This curry is easy to cook, and just in a half-hour, you will found it on your dining table.
The chickpea spinach curry is so versatile that you can have it for lunch as well as dinner. It goes awesomely tasty with boiled rice, cauliflower rice, or even with every type of bread and chapatti.
Once you cook this yummy recipe, you will never get rid of its taste. So let’s get started.
Rate This Recipe
- 500 Grams Chickpeas (Boiled And Drained)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 150 Grams Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (Grated)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (Grated)
- 2/3 Pieces Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Large Tomatoes (Chopped)
- Fresh Coriander (Chopped For Garnish)
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- On the medium heat, place a cooking pot and add 2 tbsps. cooking oil or any other oil option of your choice.
- Add one large chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp. of grated ginger and 1 tbsp. grated garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add 1 tsp. red chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin powder, 1 tsp. coriander powder, 1 tsp. turmeric powder, ½ tsp. garam masala powder, ½ tsp. crushed black pepper and 1 tsp. salt and cook for few seconds with onions mix.
- Add little water to incorporate all the spices taste. Add ¼ cup of water and cook well for 1-2 minutes until oil separates from the gravy.
- After that, add two large sizes of chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes start to break down in the gravy.
- Add 500 grams boiled and well-drained chickpeas in the gravy mix. After that, add 1 cup of coconut milk for a unique nutty flavor.
- Cover the chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- After the simmering curry, add 150 grams of Spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until Spinach completely cooked.
Tried this recipe?Mention @spicebangla or tag #spicebangla!