This chocolate cheesecake is rich, moist, dense and super chocolatey; this cake has everything you want in a classic chocolate cheesecake. The cheesecake is incredibly delicious, made with a cookie base and topped with a creamy cheesecake filling.
Serving : 8 Slices
Rate This Recipe
-As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases-
For The Base
- 15 Oreo Biscuits (Or Any Chocolate Biscuits)
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
The Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 25.1g157%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- In a food processor crush the Oreos into fine crumbs (you can also use a ziplock bag to do this step). Add melted butter to that and mix until combined.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs into an 8-inch springform pan (nonstick/greased). Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the pan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°f (160°c).
- Cut the chocolate bar into small pieces unless you're using chocolate chips.Then melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl on a double boiler, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, set aside and let it cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add yogurt, whipping cream and vanilla essence, beat on low until combined. Add in the melted chocolate, cocoa powder and mix well. Then the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until mixed. Don’t over mix. Pour the filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Using foil double wrap the bottom of the springform pan, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan/tray and pour boiling water into the larger pan, making sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil. The water level shouldn't be more than a third of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60-70 minutes or until the center of the cake is set but still slightly jiggly. The cake will set completely as it cools.
- Allow the cheesecake to completely cool at room temperature. Then refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake, before releasing the cake from the pan and slicing. For a cleaner cut dip the knife into hot water before slicing.
- Store the cake/cake slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.