This chocolate cheesecake is rich, moist, dense and super chocolatey; this cake has everything you want in a classic chocolate cheesecake. The cheesecake is incredibly delicious, made with a cookie base and topped with a creamy cheesecake filling.
Rate This Recipe
-As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases-
Serving : 8 Slices
Amount Per Serving
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 25.1g157%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- In a food processor crush the Oreos into fine crumbs (you can also use a ziplock bag to do this step). Add melted butter to that and mix until combined.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs into an 8-inch springform pan (nonstick/greased). Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the pan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°f (160°c).
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, set aside and let it cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Using foil double wrap the bottom of the springform pan, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan/tray and pour boiling water into the larger pan, making sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil. The water level shouldn't be more than a third of the springform pan.
- Allow the cheesecake to completely cool at room temperature. Then refrigerate overnight.