Of all the good things in life, Cheesecakes are the best of all. And nothing more satisfying exists than treating your tastebuds with the creamy indulgence of a New York-style cheesecake. Made to satisfy your sweet tooth and cravings this New York baked Cheesecake is the best, you will ever have.
Covered in the velvety deliciousness of the cream cheese with a slightly crunchy crust, this best New York cheesecake will transport you to another world of culinary experience.
The recipe is a mixture of various flavors that include vanilla, creamy cheese, and buttery digestive cracker crust, all incorporated just in the right balance. What makes this recipe a cut above is the simple instructions and additional tips that will help make this cheesecake a staple dessert on your menu. Moreover, the delectable taste that dances in your mouth at the end is what makes this New York cheesecake recipe so special.
Crafted with love, with attention paid to every minute detail and ingredient, this is the only New York Cheesecake recipe that you need to try. So whether you are somebody who loves to experiment with desserts or somebody new to the world of cheesecake, this mind-blowing recipe is a must-try for all.
In this recipe post, we will guide you all through the process of making this delicious New York-style creamy Cheesecake without any hassle. Stay tuned.
Know the Ingredients
Before you make the cheesecake, it’s necessary to familiarize yourself with the ingredients you will be working with to make this culinary masterpiece or simply the best-known dessert of all that is NY Cheesecake. Let’s get into it.
Digestive Biscuits: Although any kind of crackers can be used to make the crust of this classic cheesecake, Digestive biscuits are the best alternative. Light and crunchy these go best with the cream cheese mixture and provide a delicious base to the New York Style cheesecake. Paired with butter, nothing can beat digestive crackers in this recipe.
What is a cheesecake without cream cheese? All the velvetiness and creamy texture is all thanks to the cream cheese. Without this crucial ingredient, you won’t be able to make this perfect cheesecake recipe. Replacing cream cheese in a New York-style cheesecake is impossible, paired in the right proportions with other ingredients Cream cheese can do wonders in your kitchen.
Desserts aren’t satisfying when they are all sweet and nothing else. What makes a cheesecake delectable is the symphony of flavours that it holds. And sour cream is one of those things that adds to the flavours of New York-style cheesecake. It is mixed with cream cheese to give that extra punch of sourness and enhance the flavour profile of your cheesecake.
Where do you think all that creaminess comes from? Heavy cream is used to add that extra richness to your cheesecakes and make them more delightful for your tastebuds. Without any doubt, Heavy cream is the heart of this dessert.
Tips to make the best New York cheesecake
Here are some fantastic tips from the chef’s kitchen that will help amp up your cheesecake-making experience.
Use fresh ingredients only: Make sure that you always use fresh ingredients while making cheesecake as fresh dairy products and ingredients contribute to a smoother texture and enhanced flavour profile.
Use room temperature ingredients: Letting your cream cheese and eggs reach room temperature allows for better mixing and results in a smoother batter.
Slow Mixing: Ensure to mix the batter only at slow to medium speed. This will prevent getting too much air mixed with the cheesecake batter and give out a smooth cheesecake in the ned with fewer cracks.
Water bath is compulsory: A bath is the most essential thing while baking a cheesecake and you should take advantage of this crucial step. This helps in regulating the temperature and prevents it from cracking.
Refrigerating: Once the baking is done, make sure to refrigerate the cheesecake overnight and let it set completely before cutting and serving. This will help enhance the texture and delightfulness of your New York-baked cheesecake.
Classic New York cheesecake recipe
- 10 Pieces Digestive biscuits
- 1 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Melted butter
- 4 medium-sized Eggs
- 750 grams Cream cheese
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice (Fresh)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
Don’t Miss Any Recipe
Join us and receive new recipes every week!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Begin by finely crushing the digestive biscuits in a food processor. In a mixing basin, combine the sugar and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter and thoroughly combine. Fill an 8-inch springform pan halfway with the prepared ingredients and gently push it down with a glass or a bowl.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes once the biscuit mixture has been uniformly pressed.
- Once baked, lay it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, crack all of the eggs and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and hand mixer in a large mixing bowl. Repeat until all of the sugar has been used up.
- Mix in the sour cream and heavy cream thoroughly. Mix in the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- While mixing, slowly pour in the eggs. Mix the batter until everything is completely incorporated.
- Finally, mix the cornstarch well into the batter.
- Brush the sides of the springform pan with butter and line it with butter paper. Pour in the cream cheese batter and smooth it up with a spatula.
- Wrap the springform in foil and lay it on a baking sheet.
- Fill the baking tray halfway with hot water and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- After baking, switch off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the hot oven for another 60 minutes, with the door slightly open.
- Remove the cheesecake after 60 minutes and set it aside to cool fully.
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and place the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
- Dip a stainless steel knife in lukewarm water, then wipe it with a kitchen towel before cutting and serving your wonderful New York cheesecake.
This calculation is done by assumption calculated by an API. Please use our nutrition information just to get an idea about the recipe, consult a nutritionist if you need exact nutrition information.
Storage Instructions for this New York Cheesecake recipe
Although we are sure that you won’t be having any leftovers of this delightful New York cheesecake, in case you do, here’s how you can effectively store them and enjoy them later.
- First things first, transfer the leftover cheesecake to an air-tight container and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Next, you can either refrigerate it or freeze it in case you wish to store it for a longer period.
- Whenever you are ready to serve, take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Serve and enjoy later.
- If you have frozen the leftovers then make sure to thaw the cheesecake overnight in the fridge and serve later. Avoid thawing at room temperature, as this will ruin the texture of your cheesecake.
Now that you have come so far, it is time to get into action and start making this amazing cheesecake recipe. Follow the instructions and the expert tips and do some wonders in your kitchen. And we are sure this dessert will surely be adored by your loved ones and children.
After you have tried this mind-blowing recipe, you will never go back to store-bought cheesecakes and it will be a staple on your dessert menu.
Tell us how you liked the recipe through the comments below and if you have any queries, do let us know. Stay tuned.