The caramelized crispy exterior, the soft and custurdy insides, the icing sugar, and all sorts of mix and match topping. Everything about French toast is yummy and exciting and I love every bit of it.
Honestly, I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way. French toast is a very familiar weekend breakfast in many households. It is not just a popular breakfast but it is the easiest fix for your sugar cravings as well.
If you are a working mom, you must not have all the time during the week. However, the weekend calls for something special but not too difficult as you are already tired from the whole week.
It is easy to fix in a minimal amount of time. You do not have to be a chef exactly to set up this fancy treat. You just need a couple of ingredients, I am sure are lurking in your refrigerator or pantry. Our ultimate recipe is the very easy and most delicious one, so grab on your aprons and let’s get started. For the French toast, you will need the following list of ingredients.
- Take a bowl and crack the eggs in the bowl. Add brown sugar to the eggs.
- Whisk thoroughly so the eggs and sugar are properly combined and no sugar granules are left.
- Take the beater and whisk the mixture vigorously until are the ingredients are combined properly and seem one.
- Take the bread, make sure it is thick sliced bread, or else the bread will break when you submerge it in the egg mixture.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add butter to the pan. Make sure you use 2 Tbsp. of butter for every batch of French toast to get the proper caramelization and crunch on the toast.
- Once the butter is melted, take 2 slices of bread- one by one- and soak them up completely in the egg mixture.
- Place 2 pieces of bread at once on the pan and allow it to cook, once brown on the side flip the toast and let the other side cook.
- Once done, take it off the pan on a plate, cook the remaining bread pieces on the pan the same way.
- Place a piece of butter on top of the toasts and pour the syrup of your choice generously over the French toast. My personal favorite is maple syrup but you can use honey or trickle or any other syrup.
- Enjoy the sweet and gooey goodness of the heavenly French toast to power start your day.