French toast is perfect for breakfast, also its a very good brunch. It is really easy and quick to make also awesomely delicious! You can use any kind of bread of your choice for this recipe, white or brown, Italian or French. But french toast comes out best if you use thick slices of loaf bread.
Serving : 6 slice
Rate This Recipe
- 6 Thick Slice Bread
- 2 Large Size Egg
- 2 Tbsp Brown/white Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Milk 80ml
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 Tbsp Butter
Classic French Toast For Breakfast Only In 10 Minutes
Amount Per Serving (6 slice)
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.8g24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- In a shallow wide dish, beat the eggs and sugar together until sugar dissolves. Then add milk, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, and salt to the mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter (for every 2 sliceand allow it to melt. (you can also use vegetable oil here)
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing them to soak on both sides. Then transfer the bread to the hot skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup or honey, paired with some fresh berries.