Rate This Recipe
Roasted potatoes are basically well cooked/baked potatoes which have a crispy outside and a fluffy inside. Roasted potatoes are normally served as a side dish and you can serve them with butter, cheese or sour cream.Roasted potatoes are basically well cooked/baked potatoes which have a crispy outside and a fluffy inside. Roasted potatoes are normally served as a side dish and you can serve them with butter, cheese or sour cream.
Make Perfectly Roasted Potatoes at Home With or Without Oven
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 137IU3%
Vitamin C 24mg29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- First, wash the potatoes with skin on or you can peel the skin off if you like. Cut them into halves or you can cut them into quarters if you’re using bigger potatoes.
- Boil water in a pan. Add 1 tbsp salt to the boiling water.
- Now parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the infused oil in a small pan by adding the minced garlic and rosemary to the olive oil and fry them until slightly brown.
- Strain the infused oil to the parboiled potatoes.
- Then add a little salt, black pepper, and the chili powder.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Then shake the potatoes well to rough up the edges. Roughing up edges creates an uneven surface which helps to make an extra crunchy outer layer.
- Place half of the potatoes in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake them into a 200℃ oven for about an hour flipping them halfway through.
- You can bake them all in the oven or if you have less time you can also pan roast the potatoes, however, way you prefer (both ways are shown in the video)
- To pan roast, the potatoes place a heavy bottomed frying pan or a skillet on medium heat, add some of the infused oil to the pan and place the rest of the potatoes in the pan.
- Garnish the potatoes with some freshly chopped coriander.
- They are perfectly crunchy outside and creamy/fluffy inside. Enjoy!