Everyone likes cakes and cream rolls but when it comes to a thin Italian sponge rolled up to heavenly deliciousness with a thick fluffy layer of whipped cream and berries; its heaven on earth. Yes, Swiss rolls: it brings out child, hidden inside in you. It always reminds out of the sweet memories of childhood when we love to eat the mini Swiss rolls.
If you are looking for a quick and very easy Swiss roll recipe to satiate your sweet tooth or make for an unplanned party you must try this vanilla roll recipe. So let’s start artistic flair.
- 300 ml Whipping cream (Chilled )
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 10 x 14-inch rectangle Baking tray with Parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, Separate eggs yolk and whites. Eggs must be at room temperature.
- Add ¼ Cup of sugar in yolks and whisk until creamy texture.
- Now, beat the egg whites with an electric beater. When whites get little foam to add ¼ cup of sugar in it and beat until you get a medium peak.
- Mix the egg whites with batter in 3 parts and gently fold.
- Pour the batter in a baking tray and evenly spread it and gently tap for 2 to 3 times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180°C.
- Dust Icing sugar on neat parchment paper to prevent sticking and coating.
- Lose the edges and place the cake layer/ sheet on sugar-dusted paper and remove the baking paper.
- Roll the cake gently and cool completely cool on room temperature.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours to set.
- Make whirls of cream and top it with Raspberries or topping of your choice. And it’s ready to enjoy.