Rate This Recipe
These spicy and cheesy shrimp cakes are moist and tender inside and crisp on the outside. Few simple ingredients and these delicious cakes come together very quickly. These easy and flavourful shrimp cakes are perfect for a weeknight meal when served with a green salad, or you can serve them as a snack with your favorite sauce.
- 1 Pound Jumbo shrimp (Peeled And Deveined)
- ¼ Cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Medium-size Egg
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Mayo For Serving (Optional)
- Pat Dry shrimp With Paper Towels Then Roughly Chop Them Into Small Pieces. (You Can Also Use A Food Processor To Roughly Chop The Shrimps, But Don’t Process Them To A Smooth Paste)
- Heat The Oil In A Large Pan Over Medium-High Heat. Add 1 Heaping Tablespoon Of The Mixture At A Time And Flatten It Out Using Your Spoon To Form A 1/2″ Thick Patty. You Can Cook 4 Or More At A Time Depending On The Size Of Your Pan. Cook For 3-4 Minutes On Each Side Or Until Golden Brown And Cooked Through.
- Garnish With Some Additional Chives And Serve Them Hot With Garlic Mayo Or Any Of Your Favourite Sauce. Enjoy!