These spicy and cheesy shrimp cakes are moist and tender inside and crisp on the outside. Few simple ingredients and these delicious cakes come together very quickly. These easy and flavourful shrimp cakes are perfect for a weeknight meal when served with a green salad, or you can serve them as a snack with your favorite sauce.
Serving : 5 Pieces
Rate This Recipe
- 1 Pound Jumbo Shrimp Peeled And Deveined
- ¼ Cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- ¼ Cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 Medium-size Egg
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Mayo For Serving Optional
Spicy Shrimp Cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.6g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Get the Latest Recipes in your inbox
- Pat Dry Shrimp With Paper Towels Then Roughly Chop Them Into Small Pieces. (You Can Also Use A Food Processor To Roughly Chop The Shrimps, But Don't Process Them To A Smooth Paste)
- Transfer Chopped Shrimp To A Large Mixing Bowl. Add Finely Chopped Onion, Minced Garlic, Fresh Chopped Cilantro, All-purpose Flour, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Egg, Salt, Black Pepper, Chili Flakes, And Chili Powder. Then Mix Everything Until Well Combined.
- Heat The Oil In A Large Pan Over Medium-High Heat. Add 1 Heaping Tablespoon Of The Mixture At A Time And Flatten It Out Using Your Spoon To Form A 1/2" Thick Patty. You Can Cook 4 Or More At A Time Depending On The Size Of Your Pan. Cook For 3-4 Minutes On Each Side Or Until Golden Brown And Cooked Through.
- Garnish With Some Additional Chives And Serve Them Hot With Garlic Mayo Or Any Of Your Favourite Sauce. Enjoy!