These spicy and cheesy shrimp cakes are moist and tender inside and crisp on the outside. A few simple ingredients and these delicious cakes come together very quickly. These easy and flavourful shrimp cakes are perfect for a weeknight meal when served with a green salad, or you can serve them as a snack with your favorite sauce.
- 1 Pound Jumbo Shrimp (Peeled And Deveined)
- ¼ Cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Medium-size Egg
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Mayo For Serving (Optional)
- Pat Dry Shrimp With Paper Towels Then Roughly Chop Them Into Small Pieces. (You Can Also Use A Food Processor To Roughly Chop The Shrimps, But Don't Process Them To A Smooth Paste)
- Heat The Oil In A Large Pan Over Medium-High Heat. Add 1 Heaping Tablespoon Of The Mixture At A Time And Flatten It Out Using Your Spoon To Form A 1/2" Thick Patty. You Can Cook 4 Or More At A Time Depending On The Size Of Your Pan. Cook For 3-4 Minutes On Each Side Or Until Golden Brown And Cooked Through.
- Garnish With Some Additional Chives And Serve Them Hot With Garlic Mayo Or Any Of Your Favourite Sauce. Enjoy!