Jhal dim pitha is one of the very popular bangladeshi pitha. This pitha is the spicy version of the very popular poa pitha/teler pitha. To make this yummy pitha you will only need a few ingredients and most of which you’ll find in your kitchen. Also it’s very easy and quick to make this jhal pitha.
- First, in a bowl take a cup of rice flour.
- Then add the salt, pepper, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric powder and give them all a quick mix.
- Now add Garlic ginger paste and grated onion followed by 2 large eggs and give them another mix.
- Gradually add room temperature water to make the batter. The batter shouldn’t be very thin but thin enough to be poured or dropped from a spoon.
- Once the batter comes together whisk it for 3-4 minutes straight, this incorporates air in the batter which makes them puffy and fluffy.
- Then add the chopped chilies and coriander leaves.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Now heat up enough oil to deep fry the pithas.
- When the oil is heated up, turn the flame into medium and pour a spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- After about 30 seconds flip it over and the pitha will be puffed up then. Flip the pitha again and repeat the same process until its golden brown or fully cooked through.
- Serve them hot. You can serve them on its own or with chicken/beef/mutton curry.