The mouth-watering delicious chicken is well known as tandoori murgh and originated from India and Pakistan. This delicious chicken is all about marinating and grilling chicken in a clay oven known as tandoor or it can also be made in the oven.
The yummy tandoori chicken recipe yields spicy chicken that is soft and juicy with the tangy flavor of lemon and yogurt. The tandoori chicken is piquant but not hot as it can quickly be eaten and loved by kids. This yummy chicken can be cook using oil as well as butter. If you love butter, go for it as it was then called makkhni tandoori chicken and taste also well.
Tandoori chicken can also be cooked by using instant tandoori masala from the market or you can try it from scratch in your home. The other issue is the availability of tandoor as it is not present in every house. So, the easiest way to bake this tender yummy chicken is your home baking oven.
The spicy tandoori chicken can be eaten as an appetizer as well as the main course often serves with flatbread or naan. It goes well with the mint sauce.
Let’s make the spicy tandoori chicken in your home in the oven instead of traditional tandoor and taste will be equally well.
- Take four pieces of whole chicken leg and cut a few deep slashes into it.
- In a large bowl, place whole leg pieces and add salt and lemon juice into it.
- Add black pepper, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, tandoori masala and red food color (optional).
- Mix well with hands and rub spices evenly on all sides of the chicken.
- Add oil and coat well on the chicken legs.
- Wrap/cover the chicken and marinate it overnight or at least 2-3 hours in a cool place.
- Set the oven broiler to high with a rack positioned a few inches below from it.
- Line the baking tray with an aluminum foil and place a metal rack on top to drain the chicken juices properly.
- Place the marinated chicken legs on the wire rack with a tong.
- Slide the tray under the broiler for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken legs and sear the second side for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After that, turn the oven into 180°c and place the chicken into the middle rack.
- Brush the chicken legs with some oil or melted butter.