I Don’t know about others but in my household, every day and especially weekend begins with pancakes. Weekends for us also end with the leftover pancakes from the morning. Pancakes are one of the best dishes invented because they are so soft, warm, and fluffy and melts in your mouth.
It is almost impossible not to reach for a second stack as they are so addicting. One extraordinary thing about pancakes is that the simple pancake batter serves as a perfect base for many toppings. You can add a range of flavor, cuisines, and that too in both sweet and savory flavors. I don’t have much of a sweer tooth and like to experiment with my food.
When I came across this recipe I felt weird because I hadn’t her about savory pancakes before but I thought I would give it a try and that was the best trial I had.
I instantly fell in love with the recipe and this is one of the most popular recipes in my home as it is quick and easy and you can have any add-on as you wish. So for making savory pancakes in 15 minutes, you will need
- Take a bowl and add greek yogurt, egg, and olive oil to the bowl. Using a beater whisk these ingredients together thoroughly until they are well-combined.
- Next, add flour, onion, coriander, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, baking powder, baking soda, and mozzarella cheese to the mix.
- Use a spatula to gently mix the ingredients, be cautious not to over mix the batter.
- Once the ingredients are well-combined and you see a thick, sticky paste forming, stop mixing the batter.
- Place a pan over medium heat and let it come to the temperature.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add 2 tbsp of pancake mix to the pan. Shape it using a spoon to a rounded form.
- Add 2 pancakes per round and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- When they are golden and crispy on both sides, take them off heat and dish out on a plate.
- Your fluffy, savory pancakes are ready to eat. You can add cheese or any sauce on top or enjoy them as it is.