Zabaglione is extremely delicious and easy to make classic Italian dessert/custard. The custard is rich, creamy and has a nice shiny texture to it. If you like to impress your guest with an incredibly delicious dessert which takes very less time and effort to make, then this zabaglione recipe is for you.
There are many variations on zabaglione out there, but the classic zabaglione recipe calls for only 3 ingredients which are egg yolks, sugar, and wine of your choice (vin santo or marsala are the classic ones to use).
Then you can serve your zabaglione with any fruits, chocolates, biscuits or any toppings of your choice, the options are endless.
Today I’ve shared a non-alcoholic version of this delicious Italian custard and it is as delicious as a regular one. Since this is a warm dessert, it has to be made just before serving.
- 5 Large Egg Yolks
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- 8-10 Pieces Strawberries
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence (Optional)
- Dark Chocolate Shavings (Optional)
- Cut strawberries into quarters then add a tablespoon of sugar to that, give it a good mix and keep aside. (sugar draws out water from strawberries and forms a sugary syrup, so this process makes the strawberries more juicy and glossy).
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue whisking for 6-7 minutes more until the mixture is thick and creamy and almost tripled in volume.
- Assemble the dish by placing half of the prepared juicy strawberries in the bottom of a dish. Then pour the zabaglione and top it with some dark chocolate shavings or any toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately or it can also be served chilled. Enjoy!