Caramel custard is a rich and decadent caramel dessert and it has a smooth and creamy texture. Caramel custard is different in taste and texture than a regular caramel pudding/flan.
Rate This Recipe
-As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases-
Serving : 4 People
Easy caramel custard recipe | Caramel Pudding Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 452.27 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 17.42g109%
Vitamin A 1362.81IU27%
Vitamin C 0.36mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- First, make the caramel by adding the sugar and the water in a heavy bottomed saucepan on medium flame. Do not stir at this point, swirl it around if necessary.
- Once all the sugar melts, keep a close eye on it as it starts to change the color and it happens very quickly.
- When the whole thing turns into an amber color caramel, very quickly add the cream, just keep pouring and stirring. Be careful while adding the cream as it starts to bubble up when you add the cream to the hot caramel.
- In a bowl, separate egg yolks from 6 medium size eggs (save the whites for later use).
- Now add the prepared caramel cream mixture and mix again until everything is mixed properly.
- Strain the mixture into a jug.
- Place ramekins into a baking dish and slowly pour the mixture in the ramekins, by pouring it slowly there will be no bubbles form on the top.
- Now pour boiling hot water to the baking tray halfway through the ramekins and bake them at 150℃ for about 50-60 minutes or until set. (if anybody doesn't want to bake in the oven, there is an alternative way shown in the video to do it in a stove).
- Once the custard is set take them out of the oven and let them completely cool to the room temperature. Then cover them and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight before serving.