Vegetable Quiches is a baked savory open flan/tart usually consisting of pastry crust filled with eggs, cheese, cream/milk and vegetables, meat or seafood. They can be made using any of your favorite vegetables, meats, and cheeses and you can make them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- First, start by prepping the washed vegetables. Cut the tomatoes into halves (or cut them into small slices if you're using bigger tomatoes) and grate the carrot and zucchini using a grater or just thinly slice them using a knife. (also, here you can use any vegetables of your choice)
- Crack 6 large eggs into a jug or in a jug or in a bowl. Beat the eggs until smooth.
- Add in the cream, salt, pepper, and the ground nutmeg. Give everything a good mix.
- Grease the muffin tin with oil and fill them halfway through with the egg mixture. Then add the veggies in a small amount to each one and finally add some grated cheese on top. (here you can use any cheese of your choice)
- Bake it into a 180℃ (350℉) oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Whoever wants to bake it in a stove, place a big size heavy bottomed pan on medium heat and place a metal stand at the bottom of the pan. If your pan is big enough to fit the muffin tin then you can simply place the muffin tin on top of the stand otherwise prepare some ramekins the same way and place them on top of the stand. Then cover and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Once they're done let them cool for 5-10 minutes and serve them hot, or cool them to the room temperature and store them in the refrigerator to serve them later.