Suji halwa is a cooked semolina dessert and this delicious dessert is very popular across the south-Asian countries. Suji halwa commonly served as breakfast with roti or paratha, also prepared for different occasions/festivals.
- 1/2 cup Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1/2 cup Semolina (Suji)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 piece Cardamom
- 1 stick Cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp Chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp Chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 2 cups Water
- First, melt the ghee (clarified butter) in a large frying pan on low heat. You can reduce the amount of the ghee if you like.
- Put the cinnamon stick and cardamoms to the ghee and fry for 30 seconds. You can alternatively use cardamom and cinnamon powder here but in that case, add them to the end.
- Then add the semolina to the ghee and fry for 7-8 minutes on low heat stirring them constantly, until they become slightly brown and a nice aroma comes out of them.
- Now add the chopped pistachio, almonds, and raisins to the suji and fry for 30 seconds.
- Then add the sugar following by 2 cups of hot water. Increase the amount of the sugar if you like it very sweet.
- Now cook for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat until the water dissolves and the semolina is fully cooked.
- Serve the halwa with some more chopped dry fruits of your choice and enjoy!