- First, grease a 7×7-inch dark metal pan with melted butter and line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Then preheat your oven at 350℉ (180℃).
- Now take a little water in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- In the meantime cut the chocolate into small pieces and place them in a heat resistant bowl.
- Now place the bowl on top of the simmering water making sure that the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Then add 1/2 cup of butter to the bowl.
- Now whisk the chocolate and the butter together until melts.
- After the chocolate completely melts and becomes smooth, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, take both the sugar.
- Now add 1 egg at a time and mix properly using a hand whisk.
- Mix everything well. The batter will have a thicker consistency.
- Finally, sift the flour and the cocoa powder into the bowl and carefully fold them into the mixture using a spatula.
- Now pour the batter into the prepared baking pan then gently shake and tap the tin couple of times to spread the batter evenly.
- Bake it in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.