If you do not have enough time to bake a chocolate cake in an oven but still craving one so bad, then don't worry, you can make one in a microwave just in 1 minute! Well, it will take you less than 5 minutes for prepping and 1 minute for cooking and you can enjoy an absolutely delicious chocolate cake whenever you like! This cake has a perfectly soft and spongy cakey texture to it, which makes it the best chocolate cake in a mug. This awesomely delicious chocolate mug cake is a single-serving one. Another good thing about this microwave mug cake is, you will only need one mug to do the whole prepping and baking process. So it’s not only very delicious but also very easy to make too.
Serving : 1 Mug
Rate This Recipe
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20 gram milk chocolate chunks
Perfect chocolate cake in a mug
Amount Per Serving (1 Mug)
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42.2g 65%
Saturated Fat 15.5g 78%
Cholesterol 13mg 4%
Sodium 57mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 75.3g 25%
Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21%
Protein 9.1g 18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- First, in a microwave-safe mug ( roughly 1 cup ( roughly 1 cup measurement) all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Then give the dry ingredients a good mix. (here you can also use brown sugar instead of white to give the cake a nice gooey texture).
- Then add in the milk, vanilla essence and oil. Mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Finally mix in some milk chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Now microwave for 1 minute. (here I've used a 1200w microwave, if yours is different then the timing may vary. If the microwave you have is less than 1200w, it may take you up to 1.5-2 minutes to make the cake).
- Take it out of the microwave oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Dust your cake with some icing sugar and drizzle it with some chocolate sauce or you can serve the cake with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!