These easy to make hash browns are perfect for breakfast. They are super delicious with a crispy exterior and fluffy center.
Rate This Recipe
-As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases-
Serving : 5 Pieces
Spicy Hash Browns For breakfast
Amount Per Serving (5 Pieces)
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4.9g31%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Shred potatoes using a vegetable grater. Rinse shredded potatoes with cold water until water is clear, then drain and squeeze dry. (rinsing shredded potatoes with cold water helps remove excess starch and make potatotes more crispy)
- Place them in a bowl and add in the flour, cheese, egg, onion, garlic, coriander, salt, red chili powder, and black pepper powder. Then mix everything until combined.
- In a large frying pan heat about 3-4 tbsp oil over medium heat. When oil is sizzling hot, place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer and shape them in a rectangle or whatever shape you like. Cook each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. You can cook 2-3 in one batch or more if youre using a larger skillet.
- Take them off the pan and place them on paper towels. Serve immediately with ketchup or any sauce of your choice. Enjoy!