Chocolate chip cookies are an all-time favorite and one of the classics. They are a snack that is unprecedented to date, you can have them cold or hot, dunked in milk, or on their own.
Some might argue that they taste best when in dough form, that is why we are going to ponder over these chewy chocolate chip cookies that are baked but also gives you the gooeyness of the cookie dough.
That being said everyone has their favorite recipe, whether you found it scribbled in your Nana’s recipe book or get it off the internet.
When I researched for the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, this recipe below stood out. The reason is the melted butter, extra egg yolk (to guarantee chewiness), and a generous amount of chocolate chips so you can have the richest and yummiest cookies you can find anywhere.
There are a few secrets to the best recipe and we have unfolded them in this very recipe. So mentioned below is the recipe for the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 & ⅓ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Dark chocolate (chunks)
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter in a bowl and whisk the ingredients together into a granular paste.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and sift the all-purpose flour and baking soda into the mixture.
- Fold in the flour into the mixture with a rubber spatula until a sticky cookie dough is formed.
- Add the chocolate chunks and incorporate them properly into the cookie dough.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and using an ice cream scoop place scoops of cookie dough mixture at a distance of 2 inches apart from each other.
- Refrigerate the tray for 10-15 minutes.
- After that bake the cookies at 190ºC/375ºF for 12-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven.