Soups are the treat of winter. When winter arrives, people love to have warm cozy soup to keep themselves warm. Most people do not like to waste food leftovers and want to consume it in one way or another.
You can prepare this delicious soup easily from the leftover things in your pantry. In Spanish cuisine, a heavy amount of garlic is used in savory food preparations to give the authentic aroma of garlic.
Spanish garlic soup is the authentic Spanish soup with cloves of garlic and leftover bread. This is a humble soup with a strong punch of garlic for the divine taste of Spanish food. This comfort food classic is just flavorful and soul-satisfying.
Garlic has been consumed from eras in many cuisines because of its flavor. It has exceptional medicinal properties. Because of garlic’s medicinal properties, Spanish garlic soup could help you fight a common cold in the winter but if you’re in the pink of health, this soup is the most satisfying meatless dinner.
If you have a loaf of old bread and you’re thinking of consuming it somewhere, this soup recipe is the perfect way of putting it to good use.
- In a deep pan, take 4 tbsps of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of the butter and heat it for a while on medium heat.
- Add 8 cloves of thinly sliced garlic and sauté until slightly golden color appears on them.
- Take 4 cups of cubed French bread. Preferably a day old bread.
- Add bread cubes into garlic and oil mix and toast them until golden brown.
- Add 2 tbsps of paprika powder into the toasted bread.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable stock into the toasted bread.
- Add ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper and ½ tsp. chili flakes to them for seasoning and brings the soup to boil.
- Once it comes to boil, bring down the heat and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsps. of chopped fresh coriander to the soup and mix well.
- Take 4 large-sized eggs and crack it carefully in the soup.
- Cover and cook the soup for five more minutes until the eggs reach the perfect sunny golden yolk and cooked.