Dynamite shrimp is a yummy recipe made with spice coated flour fried shrimps, covered in a spicy mayo sauce is next to perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or the main course. When you go to a Japanese restaurant, these yummy shrimps are usually as a side dish or an appetizer. It’s remarkably easy to make right at home.
If you love shrimps and seafood, you will love this yummy, spicy dynamite shrimps. You will crave them, especially dynamite shrimp. This is an open challenge you will never put the words shrimp and desire in one sentence; you merge them. If you have been asked dynamite shrimps, you will unintentionally say it’s your craving.
Let’s start cooking your new craving folks:
For the Coating
For the Sauce
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Chili Sauce
- Take a medium-size bowl, add ¼ cup of mayonnaise and 1 tbsp. Chili sauce and mix them well. Place it aside.
- In another bowl, take 20 medium-sized shrimps. You should clean and deveined them before cooking.
- Add ¼ tsp. Crushed black pepper, ¼ tsp. Garlic powder, ¼ tsp. Paprika powder, 1 tbsp. Soy sauce and I small size egg.
- Mix the shrimps and added ingredients well and place aside.
- In another bowl add ¼ cup of all-purpose flour,1/4 cup corn starch, ¼ tsp. Crushed black pepper, ½ tsp. Salt, ½ tsp. Mixed dry herbs and ½ tsp. Garlic powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients well for crunchy coating on shrimps.
- Take a shrimp with a tong and coated flour mix one by one. Do this with all shrimps.
- On medium heat, heat the oil for deep frying.
- Fry the shrimp for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Shrimps will become chewy if overcooked so, don’t overcook,
- Coat the crispy shrimps with the spicy mayonnaise mixture.
- Sever these dynamite shrimps with diced green onion garnishing and a lemonade.
- If you love more spice, add cayenne pepper to the flour for more heat.
- You can Garnish the dynamite Shrimps with chopped chives also for presentation.
- Add few tablespoon breadcrumbs to the flour for an extra crispy texture.
- You can also make the spicy sauce with mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup mashed avocado to add some healthy ingredients to the sauce.
- If you don’t have hot chili sauce, you can use sriracha instead; despite the fact, the flavor will be slightly different.
- You can serve the dynamite shrimp with ketchup or sweet chili or tamarind sauce. The sweetness will help to neutralize heat for Those who are not fond of spicy food.