Dynamite shrimp is a yummy recipe made with spice coated flour fried shrimps, covered in a spicy mayo sauce is next to perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or the main course. When you go to a Japanese restaurant, these yummy shrimps are usually as a side dish or an appetizer. It’s remarkably easy to make right at home.
This is an open challenge you will never put the words shrimp and desire in one sentence; you merge them. If you have been asked dynamite shrimps, you will unintentionally say it’s your craving.
Let’s start cooking your new craving folks:
For the Coating
For the Sauce
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Chili Sauce
- Take a medium-size bowl, add ¼ cup of mayonnaise and 1 tbsp. Chili sauce and mix them well. Place it aside.
- In another bowl, take 20 medium-sized shrimps. You should clean and deveined them before cooking.
- Add ¼ tsp. Crushed black pepper, ¼ tsp. Garlic powder, ¼ tsp. Paprika powder, 1 tbsp. Soy sauce and I small size egg.
- Mix the shrimps and added ingredients well and place aside.
- In another bowl add ¼ cup of all-purpose flour,1/4 cup corn starch, ¼ tsp. Crushed black pepper, ½ tsp. Salt, ½ tsp. Mixed dry herbs and ½ tsp. Garlic powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients well for crunchy coating on shrimps.
- Take a shrimp with a tong and coated flour mix one by one. Do this with all shrimps.
- On medium heat, heat the oil for deep frying.
- Fry the shrimp for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Shrimps will become chewy if overcooked so, don’t overcook,
- Coat the crispy shrimps with the spicy mayonnaise mixture.
- Sever these dynamite shrimps with diced green onion garnishing and a lemonade.
- If you love more spice, add cayenne pepper to the flour for more heat.
- You can Garnish the dynamite Shrimps with chopped chives also for presentation.
- Add few tablespoon breadcrumbs to the flour for an extra crispy texture.
- You can also make the spicy sauce with mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup mashed avocado to add some healthy ingredients to the sauce.
- If you don’t have hot chili sauce, you can use sriracha instead; despite the fact, the flavor will be slightly different.
- You can serve the dynamite shrimp with ketchup or sweet chili or tamarind sauce. The sweetness will help to neutralize heat for Those who are not fond of spicy food.